OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
Hayman Great Barrier Reef is committed to consistently exceeding your expectations in providing the highest quality in hotel service. Understanding our guest requirements enables us to deliver high quality services tailored to your needs.
It is for this reason that we collect personal information. Since the privacy of our guests and visitors is of paramount importance to Hayman Great Barrier Reef, we endeavour to protect your personal privacy and maintain your trust.
Hayman Great Barrier Reef is fully committed to providing information about the collection and use of personal information furnished by, or collected from, visitors while using our website, products and services. This policy outlines the information we collect, how we use it, and how to deal with any issues arising from privacy concerns.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information is collected from various sources and stored on a central information database. Generally, the information collected comes directly from you, from airline partners and from travel agents making bookings. When you stay in our resort, the information provided to us at the time of your booking is recorded in our reservation system. We may also collect other information within our hotel through the following sources:
- Guest Registration Cards
- Guest History Data
- Guest Recognition Program
- Accident and Incident Reports and insurance claims
- Marine, Dive and Watersports
- Kids Club
Hayman Great Barrier Reef also collects personal information from other organisations around the world. In particular, from The Leading Hotels of the World and from wholesalers making bookings at our resort for and on behalf of their clients.
Under the Privacy Act, certain types of personal information are regarded as sensitive and must be treated with a greater standard of care. This includes information relating to health, religious beliefs and criminal records. Hayman Great Barrier Reef does not normally collect this type of information, unless you provide it to us for a specific purpose, for example to inform us of particular health needs relevant to your stay in our hotel.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
The main uses for personal information we collect relate to managing your reservations and improving the quality of our service to you. Hayman Great Barrier Reef does not use your personal information for purposes which are not disclosed or authorised by you.
Hayman Great Barrier Reef will generally explain the specific use of any personal information we collect at the time it is collected. In situations when a website visitor voluntarily provides personal information (for example, on a survey or order form), Hayman Great Barrier Reef informs the visitor how this information will be used through disclosure on the website.
WHEN WE WILL CONTACT YOU:
- When you stay at Hayman Great Barrier Reef, we will give you the choice upon registration as to whether you wish to receive further information about special offers and promotions in the future. This opportunity also extends to certain guest return benefits provided by Hayman Great Barrier Reef and the choice to join our Guest Loyalty Program.
- We generally make contact through ordinary mail or, for our website visitors, through email. From time to time, Hayman Great Barrier Reef asks guests for their email address in order to provide information, such as reservation confirmations or promotions and offers. Email communication is only used where you have consented to receive email from Hayman Great Barrier Reef for service or promotional purposes. At the time of email capture, Hayman Great Barrier Reef will advise the visitor that we will use the email address for service and product information, as well as marketing and promotional communications. Email addresses may be joined with other information provided at our website and may also be augmented with other data sources.
- At any time a recipient of an email may opt out of receiving further email communication. Directions for opting out will be posted in every email, or contact a Hayman Great Barrier Reef customer service representative to opt out of email communication and ask to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 28 days for this request to be processed. Once a person has opted out, they may at any time choose to opt in again simply by contacting us.
- Hayman Great Barrier Reef may also need to contact guests in relation to a reservation or for other service purposes, such as if guests accidentally leave property behind in our hotel after checking out and we are returning this item to them.
FURTHER, HAYMAN GREAT BARRIER REEF MAY USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT GUESTS WHERE:
- We are required by law to do so;
- We believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- Necessary to implement our terms of service;
- Necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another Hayman Great Barrier Reef guest, any member of the public or Hayman Great Barrier Reef;
- We assess and process any application for our products or services, and administer and manage the products and services we provide to you, including carrying out systems testing and auditing;
- Requirements of credit reporting, verification, and risk management is necessary, we will exchange information about our customers with reputable reference sources and clearinghouse services.
Like most organisations, we use a range of service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations. This means that sometimes individuals and organisations outside of Hayman Great Barrier Reef, such as computer technical support agencies and mail houses, will have access to personal information that we hold and may use it on our behalf. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for any unauthorised purposes.
Those parties which supply services to us, and to which we disclose personal information, have undertaken to comply with our confidentiality requirements under privacy law.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hayman Great Barrier Reef takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of any information (including information on-line) which we hold about you. We require our employees and anyone else with access to your information to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Hayman Great Barrier Reef.
Our commitment to privacy extends to our internet site: www.hayman.com.au. Where indicated, our website uses 128 bit SSL encryption to guard your personal information during transmission over the internet. This process scrambles your details while they are being sent to us and prevents potential eavesdropping in transit.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to keep your personal information as current as possible, we ask that you let us know of any changes to your personal details. If you want to access your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer on Hayman Great Barrier Reef.
From time to time Hayman Great Barrier Reef may conduct research (on-line and off-line) via surveys. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected is only used for research and reporting purposes, to help Hayman Great Barrier Reef better serve you by learning more about your needs. The survey responses may also be used to determine the effectiveness of our website, various types of communications, advertising campaigns and promotional activities.
If you participate in a survey, the information given by you will be used along with that of other study participants (for example, Hayman Great Barrier Reef might report that 50% of a survey’s respondents are women). Hayman Great Barrier Reef may provide these questionnaires to our market research analysts either in Australia or overseas but will only disclose your personal information upon your consent. As indicated above, participation in our surveys is voluntary.
If you have a privacy concern, please call Hayman Great Barrier Reef on (61-7) 4940 1234 or write to us via email at email@example.com. Where possible, your concerns received over the telephone are resolved at that time. If your concerns cannot be resolved in this way, please refer the matter in writing to:
The Privacy Officer
Great Barrier Reef
QLD 4801 Australia
The Privacy Officer will review your concern and will endeavour to resolve the situation within 30 days of receiving the letter. However, if you are still not satisfied with our response (or have not received a response within 90 days), you may contact the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
We regard privacy as a right not a privilege and will do all we can to respect the trust you have placed in us.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, feel free to contact Hayman on (61-7) 4940 1234 or write to:
The Privacy Officer
Great Barrier Reef
QLD 4801 Australia
Queensland 4801 Australia
- +61 7 4940-1838