Living at Hayman
Located 28 kilometres from the mainland, Hayman is the most northerly island in the Whitsunday group. The resort, Staff Village and operational plant are the only facilities on Hayman. The island is 8 kilometres in circumference and is a National Park with 14 kilometres of walking tracks.
The nearest mainland town is Airlie Beach, which is a 1-hour boat transfer from Hayman. The nearest airport is Great Barrier Reef Airport at Hamilton Island, also a 1-hour boat transfer from Hayman. Transfers to both destinations are available on a daily basis at a subsidised rated.
Throughout the year, the weather on Hayman is traditionally warm and sultry, with an average temperature for Summer, normally 31C (with 70% humidity levels) and in Winter from 17C to 26C.
The Staff Village accommodates up to 500 staff, and as such has a wide range of facilities available to make your stay on Hayman enjoyable and fun. Some of these facilities include:
- Internet computers
- Medical Centre manned by Registered Nurses
- Corner Store and Post Office selling basics (snacks, cleaning products, drinks, toiletries, magazines etc)
- The Staff Diner offering an extensive range of food for staff, including hot and cold buffet at all meals, salads, themed nights including BBQ and Pizza and Pasta
- The Staff Bar open nightly often with a DJ or live band as entertainment. The bar also offers 3 pool tables, a darts board, jukebox and big screen for your enjoyment
- The Staff Gym open 24 hours a day and housing a treadmill, bike, rower, free and machine weights, boxing bag, fitness balls and skipping ropes
- 25m swimming pool for leisure and fitness use